The Sanskruti Kunj Fair is organized in Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat, to showcase the rich culture of the nation and it becomes the hub of joyous celebrations during the month of February. It is also called ‘Vasant Mahotsav’, referring to the unfolding of spring season. The fair lasts for 10 days where visitors spend day time in shopping various artefacts, handicrafts and artworks at different exhibits. The cultural presentation and musical performances begin in evening and folk artists of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab and other states bedazzle audience with outstanding performances. The fair is a great place to explore craft, enjoy authentic and delicious Gujarati food and outstanding cultural performances.
Handicraft Craft Stall
Vasantotsav Program Gandhinagar Live 2023 is organized every year by the Department of Sports, Youth and Cultural Activities, Gujarat Government Head Office Commissioner, Youth Services and Cultural Activities providing culture and promotion of culture of Gujarat and India.
Vasantotsav presents our traditional and forgotten folk dances. Among the cultural performances performed daily are Ganesh Vandana by the famous dancer Ms. Rucha Bhatt, Raj Bokharia of Porbandar and his troupe by Mer Ras, Shri Rajendrabhai Raval by Kervana costume, Surat’s Saptadhvani Kalavrund by Prachin Garbo, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jashmir, Regional dances by folk artists from Chhattisgarh, sword dances by tribal groups from Dahod, and chilli dances by folk artists from Patan will be performed. While in the program of folk music to be presented by well-known artists of Gujarat, folk songs will be performed by famous folk singer Shri Jignesh Kaviraj.
Like every year at Sanskriti Kunj, this year also the stalls set up in the style of Desi Hat will display and sell the handicrafts made by the artisans. Will also be able to enjoy the taste.
8 day cultural festival, Vasantotsav, was inaugurated at Gandhinagar in Gujarat. The dance forms of Chhattisgarh were highlighted as it’s the sister state of Gujarat.
About the Festival
The Vasantotsav is an 8 day cultural fair held at Gandhinagar in Gujarat. It is celebrated as the state’s spring festival in February. It is also called the ‘Sanskruti Kunj Fair’ (‘Sanskruti’ meaning culture and ‘Kunj’ meaning hub). It is to highlight the diversity of the country’s heritage.
Panthi Dance is a folk dance of Chhattisgarh, it is mainly performed by the Satnami tribe of Chhattisgarh. It is a religiously significant dance performed during the Maghi Purnima (birth anniversary of Guru Baba Ghasidas). It is usually perform
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 10 | 20-03-2023 | Meghdhanush Band : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 9 | 19-03-2023 | Dev Bhatt : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 8 | 18-03-2023 | Aniruddh Ahir : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 7 | 17-03-2023 | Kirtidan Gadhavi : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 6 | 16-03-2023 | Jignesh Kaviraj : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 5 | 15-03-2023 | Bhavin Shastri : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 4 | 14-03-2023 | Gitaben Rabari : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 3 | 13-03-2023 | Sairam Dave : Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 2 | 12-03-2023 | Abhita Patel: Click Here
- Vasantotsav 2022 | Day 1 | 11-03-2023 | Osman Mir : Click Here